My Blog, The Cave: The Fever Series Has Me In a Quite Contemplation

by 7:13 AM 3 comments
Every once in a while I hit that week that's just like "what is blogging and how do I do it?" This is that week. Yes, my blog has become a cave, i.e. a place that looks really pretty but as of now nothing is going on here. I haven't hit a slump more like a daydream or quite contemplation. I recently finished Feverborn the latest book in the Fever Series and now I'm feeling a little down because I didn't like it.

There is no worse feeling in the bookish universe than not absolutely loving a book in your favorite series, especially when you are on book eight in that series. I won't get into why I didn't like it because I don't think I am capable of putting it into words. Also, I'm not sure why. There was just something missing and I can't quite put my finger on it yet. Until I can put it into words I won't write a review for it. The down side is that Feverborn left me feeling a little disappointed and down. Because of this I haven't really wanted to read anything else. Not saying that there aren't like 80+ books I want to read and blog about but I'm not in the mood for any of them right now.

I'm going to attempt to move on and read Him by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen. Also, I really, really want to read He Will Be My Ruin. Lately I've just been carrying it around and wanting to start it but I'm not ready to take the plunge. Oh Well, I hope yours week is going a bit better.

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN A SERIES YOU LOVE IS DISAPPOINTING?

Until the Next Post,
See Ya!

Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hate those reading slumps Taylor, whether you've read an amazing book or a book that has left you feeling really disappointed like Feverborn did with you. I go though the same thing a few times a year and it's so difficult to pull yourself out of that slump. I've found the easiest way is to read something from a completely different genre or reread a favourite book that is guaranteed to grab back that awesomeness that comes with reading something special. I hope you can jump back on that reading horse soon poppet <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is there to be done but move on to another book? Or re-read something familiar and loved? That's what I'll do, anyway. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh loving the new blog layout!!

    Aww sorry to hear that the book was disappointing, especially when it's a favourite series of yours. I tend to try and move on quickly when that happens to me. You can't love every book, and not every book in a series can be amazing. Mockingjay for me was a huge let down...not exactly a great way to end an amazing series, but you just have to move on. Hope you next reads are much better lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete