#ThrowbackThursday #6: Wird Girls Rock! Sealed With a Curse by Cecy Robinson

by 6:51 AM 2 comments









Sealed With a Curse by Cecy Robinson |  Rating: 3.5 out of 5  |  Pub: Dec. 31st 2012


The Wird sisters are weird, even in their preternatural world of vampires and werebeast. Content to avoid the local vampires, werebeasts, and witches of the Lake Tahoe region, The Wird sister usually stayed under the radar until one of them blew up a vampire in self-defense. Everyone knows vampires aren't aggressive, and killing one is punishable by death. But soon more bloodlust-fueled attacks occur, and the community wonders if the vampires of Tahoe are plague-ridden.

After, reluctantly agreeing to help Misha, the handsome leader of an infected vampire family, these sisters life will be forever changed especially for the oldest, Celia. When she goes against handsome alpha Aric, the head of the werewolf pack determined to destroy Misha's family to keep the area safe, Celia, gets caught between two hot alphas. Celia must find a way to please everyone, save everyone, and—oh, yeah—not lose her heart to the wrong guy or die a miserable death. 


Loved it!! I really enjoy paranormal urban-fantasies and this one is pretty good. It had the normal qualities of a paranormal fantasy that a reader enjoys like: believable portrayal of supernatural beings, humor, and wit. While at times Sealed With a Curse did seem a bit slow, when there was action this book wholeheartedly delivered. 


 THREE THINGS I ENJOYED ABOUT THIS BOOK:

1.) Great Characters
  •  Personality matters and these characters delivered them in spades. Even the cranky old lady next door was funny.

2.) Action-Packed w/ Awesome Fighting Scenes!
  • These girls rock and they weren't afraid to get dirty. Each sister has a unique power that compliments her personality well. Even the most timid sister fought hard. It's refreshing to see some female bad-assery!
3.) Believable Supernatural Creatures
  • While most Paranormal fantasy novels have the same type of supernatural beings (i.e. vampires, witches, and werewolves, oh my!), each author adds his or her own spin on them which is pretty dang cool. While the usual suspects are present, she adds her own flavor to them in a way that's fresh and not redundant.
TWO THINGS I WOULD HAVE LIKED IN THIS STORY

1.) An In-depth Explanation of the Sisters Curse
  • The sisters receive their powers do to a curse gone bad. While some explanation is given it is a bit vague. I just want to know more about the curse than just knowing that they were cursed. I hoping that the next books will give more in-sight.
2.) More Explanation in General
  • The sister aren't a part of Tahoe's supernatural underbelly so we learn as they go along, which is actually pretty smart for the author. It will keep the book from having those long expository periods which can get quite dull. However, I had a lot of questions about certain supernaturally things. Also, there were times when chapters had no transition between large periods of time. 

I guess I'm just going to have to get the next book (which I already started reading #thankyoulibrary) to hopefully get more answers.

Until the Next Review,
See Ya!! 

Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my most favorites UF series out there, I adore it! So glad you tried it and loved it as well. Plus Cecy is super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this series but so glad to hear that you loved it Taylor, and that's you're continuing on. I'm personally not a fan of paranormal novels, but it's always interesting to see an author's take on a well known paranormal creature!

    Joy @ Thoughts By J

    ReplyDelete