The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

by 7:22 AM 8 comments
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Rating: 4 out of 5

Recommended for People Who: love love, enjoy a great contemporary romance, and traveling.


During a city wide blackout, Lucy and Owen meet while they are stuck in an elevator. Instead of going their separate ways they decide to explore the darken city together and so a connection for that they can't deny. In the light of they day they must return to their ordinary lives but they can't forget the connect they had. When Lucy finds out she's moving half way around the world and Owen decides to travel west with his father, thye decide to keep in touch through post cards. as they navigate the world Lucy and Owen's relationship grows until the find out the one place they really want to be.

While this book isn't Christmasy, it did give me the feels. I freaking loved this book. It was just what I needed. While I might not like to admit I am such a softy. Seriously, I love books that are all lovey dovey and cheesy and I just don't care. When I think about it it's not surprising, I do love to spend my spare time watching awfully cheesy romances on the Hallmark channel (judge me its ok I can take it) so it's no surprise I absolutely loved the cuteness of this book.

What I'm really starting to like about Jennifer E Smith, is while all her books are contemporary romances she does manage to touch on other important things. In this book it is Lucy's relationship with her parents and Owen and his father dealing with grief. However, she doesn't let those things overpower the initial story.      

I love traveling in books. I have no idea why, it just seems fun (even though I know from experience that constantly traveling can get tedious). While Owen traveled west in the US, Lucy traveled in Europe.

Lucy and Owen travel through most of the book and only keep in contact with postcards and the occasional email, despite the fact that they've only spent one day together. I usually don't like books where the couple falls madly in love after one day (I'm probably the only person who didn't like Just One Day) but, Lucy and Owen knew of each other and they weren't so head over heels after locking eyes so that was ok with me. What truly impressed me about this book was the fact that they spent one day with each other and only talked to each other twice face to face after that but their chemistry was so believable that it could be a long distance connection and still work. I never doubted their feelings for each other.

Owen's father rove me a bit crazy. I understand  that he was grieving but I wanted to shake him and tell him to pull himself together. In the end, he did, in the greatest city ever, Seattle.  Where I'm sure Lucy will move to after she graduates high school and they will both go to UW, the end, yay!

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!

Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. This is my favorite Smith book, so far. I'm eager to read her latest to see if her writing wows me again. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think this book topped This is What Happy Looks Like. I've heard mixed things about her latest but I still can't wait to read it! She comes up with the most interesting and heart-wrenching plot lines. Thanks for stopping by!!!!

      Delete
  2. I really loved this one as well, it was just so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was definitley my least favourite Smith book (so far), but I'm really glad you were able to enjoy it. I didn't like the chemistry between Owen and Lucy much, but probably because I adored This is What Happy Looks Like so much that nothing could top it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt about The Statistical Probability. I read it after this book and it didn't appeal to me as much. Of course I read This is What Happy Looks Like and freakin' adored it. Whenever I'm feeling down that book always cheers me up!

      Delete
  4. I loved this book, too. Surprising, considering theirs is not the typical YA romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! I was surprised as well because I typically don't like one day romances but it didn't feel that way because they actually kept in touch.

      Delete
  5. I read this one last year and it's sooo cute. xD I'm more into blood and guts and glory, but it was nice to take a break from the fantasy and action and just enjoy something so fluffy and cute. hehe. :D So glad you liked this one too!!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete