List Love!!! Most Anticipated for 2016 YA Edition

by 8:03 AM 4 comments
I love list. Especially list about books!!!! I like seeing all the possibilities laid out in front of me. I feel like the end of every year is marked by two things for me: Christmas and Making a list of all the books I've enjoyed (or in this case will enjoy). It's fun because I get a break from reviewing and I like sharing.

So today's list extravaganza is for the YA books I want to read for 2016!!  First Up is...

Inferno by Catherine Doyle.

Expected Pub: January 7th, 2016


Inferno is the second book in the Blood for Blood trilogy. The first book Vendetta was Catherine Doyle's debut and I was very, very impressed. I was lucky enough to get the e-galley for it and after the first chapter I knew I was going to love this trilogy.

Inferno explores Sophie's life after discovering the secrets hidden by her family. When a rival Mafia threatens to spoil the peace Sophie must chose between her heart or her blood and the dangerous brother's Luca or Nic. (I'm hoping for Luca sorry not sorry Nic).



Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry

Expected Pub: March 29th, 2016
I LOVE me some Katie McGarry and I am so into this new series by her. After reading Nowhere But Here I was definitely hooked into this. I can't wait to see what's in store for these new characters. 

Walk the Edge tells the story of Thomas Turner aka Razor, the broody hot biker in the Reign of Terror motorcycle club.. After an unexpected night with local good girl Breanna, Razor tires to fight the attraction that they have. But when he finds out that Breanna is being cyber-bullied with a compromising photo, he strikes a deal with her. He will help her find the bully if she helps him find the answer to a secret that the club won't share with him.

The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski 

Expected Pub: March 1st, 2016
I don't know anyone who isn't waiting for this book. Like seriously who doesn't want this!!!! First the cover is of course gorgeous and this trilogy is so damn good! It's one of the few fantasy novels I actually enjoy. I don't know what's going to happen (which  is scary as heck!!) but I do now that Kestrel and Arin better get a dang good conclusion or I AM GOING TO SET SOMETHING ON FIRE!!!

After the cluster bomb that destroyed me, The Winner's Kiss focuses on the struggles between the east and the west and the inevitable war. While Arin tries to dismiss his love for Kestrel in the face of the upcoming war (spoiler ahead for those who haven't read The Winner's Crime-- why haven't you read it yet!!!!!) Kestrel tries to escape the work camp in the far north before she loses what's important to her. 

Warrior Witch by Danielle Jensen

Expected Pub: May 3rd, 2016
I am so not ready for this. After the drama of Hidden Huntress, I just need everyone to be ok. Everyone happy, yay! OH, denial is so beautiful.

The witch is dead and the curse is broken. As Tristan and Cecile enclose themselves in the safety of the city limits, they must find a way to free the trolls from the tyrant king while protecting the people of the Isle. However, some debts from their past and demanding to be paid and the cost is far greater than they imagined.



Summer Days & Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins

Expected Pub: June 14th, 2016
I adored My True Love Gave to Me and when I heard that they were going to make another anthology I was hopping for a Valentines day one ( I know I'm so cheesy) but I'll take this in a heartbeat. I like that they are changing up the writers and Stephanie Perkins. Just, Stephanie Perkins, she can do all the writing and I will read it.

Summer Days and Summer Nights is an anthology of summer romances by authors like Cassandra Clare, Veronica Roth, and Jennifer E. Smith.

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

Expected Pub: May 3rd, 2016
I love Morgan Matson. She has steadily become one of my favorite writers. Every time she puts out a book, I read it. I'll always enjoy the way she is able to craft really unique stories with emotional depth and realistic characters. Also, look at this cover, so pretty!

Andie is a politician's daughter. She's use to everything being planned out. However, after a scandal her entire life changes and she's learning to expect the unexpected.
Cure for the Common Universe by Christian McHay
Expected Pub: June, 2016
This books sounds so cool and it is definitely unique! I rarely read books with male MC's so I always like to give them a chance just.

Sixteen-year-old Jaxon is being committed to video game rehab . .
ten minutes after he met a girl. 
In rehab, he can't blast his way through galaxies to reach her. He
can't slash through armies to kiss her sweet lips. Instead, he has
just four days to earn one million points by learning real-life
skills. And he'll do whatever it takes—lie, cheat, steal, even learn
how to cross-stitch—in order to make it to his date.


PS I Like You by Kasie West

Expected Pub: July 26th, 2016
Because Kasie West. The Queen of adorably cute romances is writing an adorably cute romance therefore I have to read it.

One day while spacing out in class, Lily scribbles a lyric to her favorite band on the desk. The next day she finds that someone wrote the next line. Over the course of a few days she's developed a close relationship with her anonymous pen pal. Lily and her best friend decides to find out who her pal is and when the secret is revealed, Lily is surprised and must decide whether to trust her heart. 


Summer of Supernovas by Darcy Woods

Expected Pub: May 10th, 2016
This is Darcy Woods first book and it sounds so cool. I'm not going to lie, I'm reading this for astronomy reasons.

As the daughter of an expert astrologer, Wilamena Carlisle knows that the truth lies within the stars. So when she discovers a rare planetary alignment, she is forced to tackle her worst astrological fear – The Fifth House of Relationships and Love. But Wil must decide whether a cosmically doomed love is worth rejecting her mother’s legacy, when she falls for a sensitive guitar player hailing from the wrong side of the chart.


A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody

Expected Pub: August 2nd, 2016

This books sounds super fun! Every once in a while I need an interesting yet cute book to look forward to.

Sixteen-year-old Ellison Sparks is having a serious case of the Mondays. She gets a ticket for running a red light, she takes the world’s worst school picture, she bombs softball try-outs and her class election speech , and to top it all off, Tristan, her gorgeous rocker boyfriend suddenly dumps her. For no good reason!

As far as Mondays go, it doesn’t get much worse than this. And Ellie is positive that if she could just do it all over again, she would get it right. So when she wakes up the next morning to find she’s reliving the exact same day, she knows what she has to do: stop her boyfriend from breaking up with her. But it seems no matter how many do-overs she gets or how hard Ellie tries to repair her relationship, Tristan always seems bent set on ending it. Will Ellie ever figure out how to fix this broken day? Or will she be stuck in this nightmare of a Monday forever?




So that's all for me! What are you looking forward to reading this year? Are any of those books on this list?

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about The Winner's Kiss and The Unexpected Everything. I've loved all of Matson's books so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I completely agree, Morgan Matson is amazing! All of her books are really enjoyable (and the covers are awesome!). I think that The Winner's Kiss and Warrior Witch are my top need to read books for next year (I like conclusions but only if they end well).

      Delete
  2. The Winner's Kiss! My goodness, I fee like I've been waiting for it's release forever. Oh why won't it be released sooner! PS, I Like You looks absolutely adorable! I've read one other of her releases, and had no idea she was releasing anything new. Thanks for sharing and putting it on my radar Taylor <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound sound so good! I'm looking forward to The Winner's Kiss, which is on your list. Also The Raven King, Earth's End and Morning Star. There's a hundred others but those specifically c:

    ReplyDelete