Because Everyone Loves Movies and it's Christmastime

by 9:33 AM 1 comments
So remember when I said that I was going to share some of my all time favorite Christmas movies, Now is that time!!

I realize that A.) a lot of these are rom-coms and B.) you might have seen a few of these but C.) some movies on this list might surprise you. I have over time completely surprised my friends with my strange and abundant collection of Christmas movies.  (p.s. there are no claymation movies in this they are weird and they creep me out)






Any list about Christmas better have Love Actually in it or it's not worth it. If you haven't seen this you should. My friend Rachelle said she didn't and I made it my mission to personally annoy  her to watch it. Also it is on Netflix. Yes, NETFLIX. Go forth now and watch it! Go!! Not only is this the ultimate Christmas movie, it is the ultimate Romantic Comedy. P.S. it is mainly set in London so every has really awesome accents.




Serendipity may not seems like a Christmas Rom-Com but it totally. Essentially the story goes like this: Kate Beckinsale and John Cusack met during Christmas in New York City. They are at Bloomingdale buying gloves and it is totally love at first sight however they are both in different relationships. Throughout the night they keep meet up again and again and decide to spend the rest of the night doing random activities. they end up getting separated but they meet again ten years later. then etc, etc (I don't want to give too much away). It's really adorable and it will give you the warm fuzzys. Also their friends are freaking hilarious. P.S. The movie is Also on Netflix.








National Lampoon's anything is funny (well the ones with Chevy Chase are funny) but National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is so dang awesome. I know they play this on tv all the time. ABC Family has it on their 25 Days of Christmas special. If you haven't seen it yet you should. Here is a clip from one of my favorite parts:






The Polar Express is such a fantastic movie for kids and those who believe in the joy of Christmas. It is also a really good picture book that I bought for my niece.

The first time I saw it was on  ABC Family and I know they still show this as a part of their 25 Days of Christmas special.







Home Alone is a classic in my house. My father and I watch it every year along with Home Alone 2: Lost in New York which is my personal favorite.

These movies are so funny. They have some great one liners.
PS. if you have HBO GO it is on there. They also show it on ABC Family.








The Holiday is a movie about two women who trade houses for Christmas. Basically, they are on holiday from their relationship problems. This movie is not on Netflix but it can probably be pulled up on your computer (it's ok I won't tell anyone). also they might show it on tv. This movie was unexpected for me but it stays in my rotation because the relationships they create with the people around them are worth it.







Today ABC Family is showing The Polar Express (it's on tonight schedule) 6:30 - 8:45 PM ET/PT and if you haven't seen National Lampoon's Christmas it is showing Saturday on ABC Family. The full schedule for ABC Family's special can be found here on their website.

What are some of your favorite holiday movies?
Are any on this list?



Until the next post,
See Ya!!!

Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Love Actually is such a lovely movie, I love when the networks would show it around Christmas time but haven't seen it for a few years now. Might try to find it on Netflix too. I think my favourite is Elf, it's just so childlike and really funny. The best part of Christmas is all the movies AND books too. Reminds me to whip out Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, which is always my favourite Christmas read. Thanks for sharing Taylor, really enjoyed it <3

    ReplyDelete