The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne

by 7:37 AM 0 comments
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Recommended For: Contemporary lovers

After her mother passes away, Kate Quinn's life is turned upside down. Forced to move away from her home and friends, Kate moves to South Carolina to live with her aunt and uncle until the father she never knew enters her life. Now Kate is thrust into the political arena with her powerful politician father whose running for President. Moving in with a family she never knew she had, Kate must find her place in this new world but at what cost?


This book was recommended to me and I never heard of it or the author before but by pure chance there I was at the library and there it was on the shelf so I picked it up. Thank goodness I did because this was a surprisingly good book. I love a good contemporary book and this book delivers without being held down by any ridiculous, typical tropes.

I think what I liked most about this was its emphasis on her relationship with her father. I liked that it wasn't completely centered on her budding relationship with Andy. It was like she got a second chance at having a family after her mother passed away but it wasn't easy. I thought that Kate was a very mature character but for most of the book she was a completely push over. She blindly went along with the campaign and let them control and mold her into this idea of the perfect person, I hate that it took her a long time to realize what was happening beneath the surface but I applauded her and thought that she was courageous when she finally expressed her feelings.

I hated her father for most of this book. He was being so cowardly and aloof, it was hard watching their relationship kind of stay stagnant for most of the book because Kate was trying so hard. But, it made the moments when they really connected really special, I just wish we got to see more of those moments.

The Wrong Side of Right was a really, really good book and I'm so glad I took out the time to read it in my very busy schedule. But now I  have to go back to graduate applications which I've come to the conclusion is the main source of torture for people between the age of 21-24 in the 21st century.

Until the next post,
See Ya!!


Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment