Giving Up is So Hard To Do... Top Ten Tuesday

by 7:41 AM 5 comments
I am so happy for this Top Ten Tuesday because I was seriously about to write a post about books I have not and just will not finish reading. When do you realize that some books maybe just aren't for you and you might not get around to reading them? I'm in crazy denial half the time. It isn't until I've checked out the same book from the library over and over again until I realized that there are just a few books that I will not finish reading.

This Week's Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books (or Bookish Things) We've Had to Quit

1.) and please forgive me for this but Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas. I really, really, really want to read this book but this is one of the books that I have checked out from the library over and over again. Every time I check it out I just hoard it and stare at it wanting to read it but I can't muster up the drive. So it just stays on the shelf and I stare at it and hoard it like some creepy staring hoarder until it's time for me to give it back to the library. Then I check it out and do the same thing over again.
Yeah no. I could not get into this book. I kept getting distracted by other things so it's safe to say this was DNF.
I think I read the first Three or so chapters, idk, but I remember her powers being something like the ability to cry a lot. Like she was a siren or always sad, I have no clue but I was not feeling it.


So I can't remember if I actually finished this book or not (which pretty much sums up my experience) but I do remember not liking the main character at all. He was such a butthead and an all around jerk.

So this choice is weird mainly because I want to finish this book. I never ever got around to it until Throwback Thursday, in fact I almost completely forgot about it. I can't go back to this book because I read this first two when I was in my freshman year of high school (which was a long time ago). So i'm sorry Kelley A, I still love you.

I really want to finish reading this but I'm never able to finish it and I have no clue why. I start then I stop. I start then I stop. I want to finish this book and I might just not anytime soon. (see I told you I was in denial).


So, my list only has six books but  I am definitely giving up on this. However I would like to hear your opinion? Have you finished reading any of these books? What did you like (or not like) about them?

Until the Next Post,
See Ya!!!

Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't even started any of these lol. I guess I should probably keep it that way as my TBR is out of control :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, my tbr is like "girl can you start reading some of these now" lol. I have a plan to start (slowly) reading books just in my tbr. Of course I say this like once a month but this month I (hopefully) mean it.

      Delete
  2. I very rarely DNF books personally. I do put other books down but always resolve to pick them back up when I'm in the mood. I hope you still try to finish Crown of Midnight and The Things We Know By Heart. I love those two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I always try to finish a book unless I really don't like it. I want to read past the second chapter in Crown of Midnight someday but I feel like I'm forcing myself to read it, which is probably the problem.

      Delete
  3. I think Crown of Midnight might be my favourite of the Throne of Glass series overall actually. The series is long and a bit daunting actually, so I can see why you might not want to try again. You really have to be in the mood for it. I LOVED the Kelley Armstrong series. I read it years ago now and then the spin off and they really just proved why I love young adult so much. If you do get the chance to finish it off, you really won't be sorry. It's an awesome series and I'd love to see what you think of it Taylor <3

    ReplyDelete