Waiting on Wednesday: finally Rachel Vincent, FINALLYY!!!!!

by 9:32 AM 3 comments
Waiting on Wendesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous blogger @  Breaking the Spine. It focuses on the books some of us can't wait to dive into, so here it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize until I was on Xpresso Reads that a book I have been looking forward to since I've heard about is coming out THIS WEEK!!!!! *busts out into happy dance* 

The Menagerie by Rachel Vincent

So first, when it comes to Rachel Vincent's YA books, for some reason I just can't get it together. However, her Adult books are freakin' knockouts!!! Every time I read one of her Adult fiction books I'm completely drawn into the world she has created (because this lady can create some amazing ideas and concepts). So, I'm really looking forward to this. Also it is an adaptation of the Glass Menagerie, and honestly I'm so there it's not funny. I will be heading down to B&N real soon you guys.

Summary (from Goodreads):

From New York Times bestselling author Rachel Vincent comes a richly imagined, provocative new series set in the dark mythology of the Menagerie… 

When Delilah Marlow visits a famous traveling carnival, Metzger's Menagerie, she is an ordinary woman in a not-quite-ordinary world. But under the macabre circus black-top, she discovers a fierce, sharp-clawed creature lurking just beneath her human veneer. Captured and put on exhibition, Delilah in her black swan burlesque costume is stripped of her worldly possessions, including her own name, as she's forced to "perform" in town after town. 

But there is breathtaking beauty behind the seamy and grotesque reality of the carnival. Gallagher, her handler, is as kind as he is cryptic and strong. The other "attractions"—mermaids, minotaurs, gryphons and kelpies—are strange, yes, but they share a bond forged by the brutal realities of captivity. And as Delilah struggles for her freedom, and for her fellow menagerie, she'll discover a strength and a purpose she never knew existed. 

Renowned author Rachel Vincent weaves an intoxicating blend of carnival magic and startling humanity in this intricately woven and powerful tale.

Doesn't this sound amazing. This book might be a little dark and other-worldly but that is probably what I will like about it.

Until the next post,
See Ya!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Okay I definitely have not seen this yet, it looks awesome!
    Have an amazing Wednesday!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession time...I've never read any of her books. I have a few on my TBR pile but just never picked them up. This one looks really good and I love the cover.

    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/09/waiting-on-wednesday-im-waiting-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel Vincent is new to me, but this book sounds like a good one. I will wait with you :D

    ~ Dre @ Sporadic Reads

    ReplyDelete