ARC Review: Hidden Huntress by Danielle Jensen

by 1:25 PM 0 comments
Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Recommended for: everyone seriously read this book

Hidden Huntress is the Second book in the Malediction Trilogy. If you haven't read the first one yet you definitely should.

Hidden Huntress picks up where Stolen Songbird ended and it was an emotional ride. After Cecile escaped the underground city of Trollus she finds more treacherous things outside the city. The King of Trollus can still manipulate and follow her every move while Tristan suffers in prison underneath the mountain.

Tasked with finding Anushka, Cecile lives with her mother in the city of Trianon and graces the opera stage while secretly scouring the city for the deadly witch who cursed the mountain. To find Anushka, Cecile must make deadly alliances and use magic that is both dark and deadly in order to save those she loves and stop the curse. However she is up against some new and old adversaries and she finds that instead of being the huntress she may just be the hunted...

Have I already mentioned how much I loved this book? I stayed up waaaaaay too late reading it, I went through waaaaay too many emotions, and almost had one too many moments were I seriously couldn't deal with the suspense anymore. I could sense the improvement between Stolen Songbird and Hidden Huntress and considering that Stolen Songbird was like crazy good this books was a joy to read from beginning to end.

I felt like Hidden Huntress had more suspense and intrigue which is a bonus in my book. Everything was on the line for Cecile. Knowing that Tristan and her friends were trapped underneath the mountain dealing with the tyranny and elitism of the king and the upper class made finding the witch Anushka the most important task. I loved seeing Cecile develop her powers. Yes she stumbled and fell but she really had to go to a deep dark part of herself and that was such an amazing development.

I kind of guessed at who Anushka was but I was never really sure and I liked that there was a lot of mystery to who it was. Even if you thought you knew who it was in the next chapter it was hints to someone else. The story of the mountain and other ideas began to develop deeply in this book and I enjoyed reading more about post under-mountain Trollus in the flashbacks.

I don't even know how to write a proper review for this book. Honestly, if you've read Stolen Songbird read this. If you haven't read Stolen Songbird what are you waiting for!!!!!! This book had me up until four in the morning (which is around the time I get it for work so that sucked) on the edge of my seat (or bed i guess) yelling and shouting things at the book. The book was suspenseful, nerve-racking, drama, mystery, romance, and everything good rolled together and I experience an onslaught of emotions to the point were I needed to take a break or I wasn't going to be able to deal. I honestly can't wait for the next book. Seriously, I need a copy, a clue, a hint of something right now because after that ending I just don't know how I'm going to survive.

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!!!  
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment