Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books That Surprised Me

by 9:32 AM 0 comments


Every once in a while a book will pop up out of the blue that you've never heard of and none of your friends have ever read. These pop-up wonders are usually, in my case at least, some of the best books I've read. I love walking through a bookstore looking at some unknown books and taking a leap of faith. For this Top Ten Tuesday I decided that I would share some of these books with everyone!

Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen

This book was like WOW!!!! Extra Extra WOW!! I can't believe it took me so long to read this! I never thought I would like a book about trolls but the world building in this book is fabulous! 

Everything was amazing and the second book is even better! The plot was engaging, the characters were EPIC! Gosh the book is definitely on my list of favorite books this year. 



Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

This series is one of the few New Adult anything that I actually like! The funny thing is that I didn't like the first book as much as I liked the rest. The plot is a tad bit controversial (cheating is never ok) but this series got better and better and better with every book.
It was completely surprising and now I'm hooked on S.C.Stephens.


Remember When by T. Torrest
I don't even know what to say about this book. This book came out of no where! like what! I started reading it and before I know it it's four in the morning. I have never smiled so much reading a book. When summer comes around I will be reading this again and again. 
Seriously it is the perfect summer book! and the Romance *swoon* It's one of those they are friends first and lover's second and they get to know each other so well. ugh can't wait to read this again.





Pivot Point by Kasie West
I officially love Kasie West! Pivot Point was a book that I read with my book club and wow! This book was so perfect! The world that Kasie West created with Addison and the whole super power thing was pretty cool. so cool it made Texas seem interesting. Everything she's written at this point is amazing and I've officially started to collect all her books.




The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle
Imagine Amish country + zombie outbreak. Sounds bad right?! but it isn't. This book was so good and a tad bit scary. I honestly stayed up most of the night planning a zombie escape route. This book was very suspenseful, even though the main character sometimes was a bit naive. 


The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain 

I read this book last year and wowza (yes wowza) it was deeply developed. The world building in this book is quite impressive. It is a greek mythology retelling or better yet mythology inspired book. I was so into this book even thought it was like 500+ pages I wouldn't stop reading it! 


Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
What I really liked about this book was the plot, setting. story line, and the mythology behind wind sylphs. I love reading books about an almost unknown type of power or mythology. I mean seriously how many mermaid, siren,etc, so and so book do I have to read before I learned about other mythological beings. 


A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
This book makes any book about witches seem dull. I saw this book on a tumble post and I was like this looks interesting. I literally judged this book by its cover and I don't regret it. I ended up reading all of the books back to back which it a feat because these books are HUGE!!!! But it was so worth it. I wish I was a witch or a character in this book. 


Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
I picked this book up randomly at Barnes & Noble one day. I finally got around to reading it this year and that was a great decision on my part. I mean assassin nuns. How cool is that!!! I usually don't like historical fiction but this  book took it to a whole new level. 


The Deal by Elle Kennedy
Another surprisingly good New Adult book. Void of all bad NA stereotypes, The Deal was so good and also very cute. I loved the banter between Hannah and Garrett and gosh did I mention the absence of bad stereotypes. This book was refreshing like an ice cold lemonade on a hot muggy day.  I can't wait to read the next books in this series.


Anyway, these are the books that have surprised me the most. Are there any books that have surprised you? If so why?

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment