Let the Good Vibes Roll: Music Sunday & What's Next

by 10:36 AM 3 comments

I was going through my archives the other day when I realized that I only make about 6 posts each month. That's so weird right? I'm usually never this consistent and the fact that I didn't do this on purpose is really making me question somethings... In other news ITS SUNDAY! and you know know whats on the second sunday of every month right....


So the snow that's been plaguing New York has finally melted and returned from whence it came, thank goodness!!!!! I saw grass for the first time on tuesday and it was so beautiful! Now it's sunny and sunny days need sunny tunes.

This past week I managed to do something I haven't done before. I read a spin-off. For some reason it's really hard for me to start reading spin-off books like Bloodlines (which I've tried to read about four times) and Clockwork Angel (at this point I've given up on it) but this past week I read The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan:

I really enjoyed it and I absolutely adored Leo. Of course this would be the first spin-offish book I would read. I loved seeing the new characters with the older ones and oh how I missed Camp-Half Blood. I'm still a tad bit confused about how the whole god and goddess they aren't Roman but they aren't Greek at the same time thing is suppose to work but I can't wait for the next book because PERCY!

I also read a book that I said I was going to read forever ago but never did. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas:

I liked this book but I'm hoping all the books after this first one is better because the writing was amazing, the story and the characters were very interesting but it seemed at tad bit been there done that at times. I think there is enough mystery and fantasy elements that I can safely say that this series has me completely pulled in.

Look at me tackling my TBR. I'm so proud of me.

I don't know what's in store for the next weeks but I am planning on diving into Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (by Benjamin Saenz) pretty soon.

Also in other news I finally got my hand on a copy of The Winer's Crime and I'm totally freaked out! How am I suppose to read when my EMOTIONS ARE LIKE THIS?!?!?!!! God I swear if anything happens to my babies (Arin and Krestel) I might lose all sense of reasoning. BTW, why are these covers so gorgeous.

I finally reviewed the first official "New Adult" Experiment book, Hero by Samantha Young. Next I'm going to read Burying Water by K.A. Tucker. I also talked about Guilty Pleasures and how we shouldn't be ashamed of reading what we like. I also got retweeted by Katie McGarry and almost died from pure happiness.

I hope you guys are enjoying your week and tackling your TBR.

Until the Next Post,
See Ya!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. The Lost Hero! I loved the Percy Jackson series and have this one waiting on my shelf for me to start too, so glad you enjoyed it even though you're not typically a fan of the spin off series (me neither actually). The Throne of Glass series gets better and better with each book, I loved book one, but it was actually Crown of Midnight that really cemented the series as a favourite of mine. Looking forward to seeing you continue. The Winner's Crime is GLORIOUS, as is Aristotle and Dante. Oh, so many fabulous reads Taylor, which one will you read next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh God I don't know probably Ari and Dante but mostly because I'm putting off Winner's Crime. You know when you're really excited to read a book you put it off, lol.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I haven't even started the Percy Jackson series, let alone its spin-off. There is waaaay too many, it's daunting staring at them and starting them now haha.

    So glad the snow is leaving NY and that spring is arriving for you! We just entered into autumn in Australia and it's been really cloudy and rainy all week. Dang it.

    Eeep, do continue with the ToG series, it gets SOOOOOO GOOD!! And I really hope you like The Winner's Crime as well. :D :D

    ReplyDelete