My Life in Books Tag!!!!

by 7:18 AM 6 comments
WOW!!! Tags, to be or not to be. I'm being weird but essentially, I was tagged, yay!!!!!

I'm always skeptical about talking about the books I've read through my "life" (life being in quotes because it hasn't been that long even if I'm in my 20s). I don't like doing it mainly because I am a late bloomer when it comes to reading. So this is MY LIFe in BOOKS.

Baby:
Did you like to read when you were little?
no, not really. I was told random bedtime stories but I never actually looked at a picture book.

Toddler
What was your favorite picture book? 
Nope!! I know my life in books so bleak right now but be patient the future is bright!

Child:
Did you go through a book phase? (i.e. reading the thickest books, etc)
I became obsessed with Harry Potter books. When I was young I thought that they were the largest books now to man. I look at them known and I think "how the heck did I read that when I was that young?!" Aside from Harry Potter I became completely enamored with reading fairytales, like actual book with short stories and I loved them!! My favorite was always little red riding hood.
I really, really got into the Percy Jackson books. They came out when I was in the sixth or fifth grade but I read them all into my freshman year of high school and loved it!!!! They are some of my favorite books even now I constantly reread them.


Tween
What books made you feel grown up?
Honestly those Harry Potter books made me feel pretty grown up! I also started to read more classics. It was around this time I realized that I actually liked going to school (so it's safe to say I was a huge dork in middle school). There was this one book thought that I will never forget it was called Boy Proof. I don't remember who it's by but I think it was the first YA book I ever read.

Teen
what are books that you rave about?

Now we are really getting into it. I use to spend every waking moment of my teen years in the library. Starting around eighth grade, I just became obsessed with books!!!! The books I raved the most about was the Gallagher Girl books by Ally Carter. This was before all of them were out and I only read the first three. I just remember going into my local library checking out I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You and staying up all night reading it!!! I wanted to be a Gallagher girl!

Some other books I raved about at that time was Twilight (I still stand by it I LOVED that book) and A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I also read The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. Aside from Looking for Alaska, it was the first contemporary novel I actually didn't mind reading. I remember this book making me cry. I read it after my grandfather passed away. It was the first book that I felt an emotional connection to while reading. I really found a little piece of myself in Macey's story which is why when people ask me if I had to chose one book it would be this one.

The first series that ruined my life was Vampire Academy. After the third book I was so DONE!! My mom still makes fun of me for how "overdramatic" I was while reading this series.

Adult
What are books that used to seem boring to you but now you really like?

I really started to like history books. NOT historical fiction but actually books on history. Written well they can be quite engaging. I used to really like classic lit when I was in my teens now I've completely given up on them.

I read more fantasy and series books when I was in my teens now I can't be bothered. I realized recently that I read more contemporary novels and romance books. Any romance book, as long as they are good. I guess I became more romantic at heart.

Anyway that's my life in books and hopefully each year will continue to be just as amazing and wonderful!

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!



Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great post and thank you for taking us through all the stages of your life. *snickers*

    I've always read but gave it up for almost 10 years and thankfully, that has passed and I picked it back up in 2011. It's been such a great journey rediscovering books, evolving as a reader and making new friends.

    My weakness tends to be anything fantasy (urban fantasy, fantasy, pnr, etc...) and I love some sci-fi as well. Anyway, loved the Vampire Academy!! Anyway, great post and look forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you should read Grave Mercy and These Broken Stars (if you haven't already). those are really great fantasy and in one case sci-fi books. I stopped reading for a while too for about two years. It is great rediscovering a passion for books! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm actually like Cristina and stopped reading for around 15 or so years actually, then picked up Twilight and haven't looked back. I know it gets a bad wrap, but like you, at the time I really enjoyed it and the tension in it is captured perfectly. It's brought so many women back to reading as well. Thank you for sharing Taylor, I love learning about the blogger behind the reviews <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I completely agree!! Twilight was good at that time. It was so entertaining and I don't regret reading it at all. I also think it brought a lot of people back to reading but it also made more people want to read and probably turned them onto other books.

      Delete
  3. I remember my mom trying to read me the Harry Potter books when I was in maybe second grade, and I would just look at how thick they were and flat out refuse. I had no idea what I was avoiding. Luckily, I came to my senses in third or fourth grade and absolutely devoured those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! I know. I can't believe those books are still considered middle grade books.

      Delete