The Squad: Perfect Cover by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

by 12:33 PM 4 comments


The Squad: Perfect Cover by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Rating: 9 out of 10
Recommended for: Ally Carter fans, humor enthusiasts

Why this title? Because this is a book about Spies. Not just any spies, spy cheerleaders. At Bayport High School the Varsity Cheerleading Squad isn't like any other squad. They are trained government agents who know how to kick butt both on and off the field and Toby Klein, resident computer hacker, is the next recruit.

This book was exactly what every book lover needs a light, fun, and action packed book with tons of girl power. These  cheerleaders at first glance were average an ordinary but underneath the school gym was a super secret spy hide out. How cool is that! This book made me wish I stuck to be a cheerleader. While all of the girls had school spirit they each possessed unique qualities that made them great government agents. Barnes did this without taking away the integrity of being a girl. I really enjoyed the fact that there was hardcore action in this book. It shows that even though these girls are cheerleaders they can still be involved in hard unpleasant situations. This wasn't a light and fluffy mission, these girls were hardcore.

I LOVED Toby. I knew the minute I started reading the first page that she was going to be pretty funny. It was amazing watching her grow into the team mentality, to start to love and enjoy the girls company. My favorite girls on the team were Zee, Lucy, and Tara. It was great reading about all the different devices, lingo, and even drama. Jennifer Lynn Barnes did an amazing job writing this book.
This book is the first in a two part series and I am already plotting to read the second book.

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!!

Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm so up for trying this! I love it when stereotypes (like useless shallow cheerleaders...not that I necessarily believe that trope, but it's used a lot in books) are turned on their head! I LOVE THAT THEY'RE HARDCORE! I do like Ally Carter, so I want to try this. ;))
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really enjoy this book then. The second book is just as great and so are Jennifer Lynn Barnes other books.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE SPY BOOKS! I remember my fascination started with Ally Carter's spy books and I have yet to find others that I've enjoyed. Thanks for introducing this to me Taylor :) Toby and the girls sound so kickass. I love that they can be girly and hardcore at the same time, and the fact that there's a spy centre under the gym? So cool!

    Joy @ Thoughts By J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also have really cool gadgets and they each have a specific task to the team! It's really cool to see female spies done well and not just be there to support the guy.

      Delete