The Best of 2014

by 11:28 AM 1 comments
The year is coming to an end and I wanted to share with you guys a few of the books I really enjoyed this year. I read 100 books this year, which is less than last year but I blame that on studying abroad and college. Despite that fact I really reached out of my comfort zone and read books I normally wouldn't. I would say that this year was a great exploration into new genres and hopefully next year will be better.

Indie Spotlight:
Remember When by T. Torrest was hands down my favorite independent book this year. It was so cute and lovely. I ended up reading the second book and enjoyed it just as much as the first. It's also the perfect summer book.

New Adult Books:

This year I started the New Adult experiment and I found that it's kind of a hit or miss. While they all tend to follow some preconceived pattern, which can get a tad bit annoying, some authors do it better than others. This year my favorites were The Edge of Never, Thoughtless and Maybe Someday. If I had to pick a favorite out of these three, I would surprisingly say Thoughtless. I absolutely feel head over hills in love with the Edge of Never, in my opinion this book had the best characters right from the beginning, and Maybe Someday was the first book that didn't follow the typical NA pattern (and it had music), however, for some reason I just loved Thoughtless and I think its because I enjoyed all of the books in the trilogy. 

Books In a Series:
 
So, with the exception of Cress, a lot of really good series, ended this year. Cress ruined my emotions seriously I can't wait for Winter, I need to know what happens!!!!! Isla and the Happily Ever After was adorable. I loved Isla and Josh, I could really related to Isla and that ending was perfect! My favorite has to be The Retribution of Mara Dyer. I was so ready for this book and it didn't disappoint. While, there were a few things I wished would have happened I don't think it took away from the ending of the book, I just hate suspense.


Favorite Beginnings:

 

Don't you just love the first book you just start. It doesn't matter if it is a stand alone or part of a series, they hold amazing possibilities and a new chance to go bonkers and ship all types things and tell to every person you know how much you loved said book. This year my first new books that I started were Rebel Belle, Spellbound, and To All the Boy's I've Loved Before. My all time favorite book this year would have to be Spellbound. I've told so many people about this book I feel like I'm a walking ad. If you haven't read it, read it its so great!!!!

Really Surprised Me:

 

These books really surprised me this year. Second Chance Summer, really surprised me because I really wasn't expecting to cry in my room at four in the morning. I didn't think I was going to like Obsidian, it seemed a tad bit cheesy, however, I really enjoyed it. Pivot Point really came out of nowhere. It was so good. It had an interesting plot and fantastic characters.

These were hands down my favorite books this year! If I had to name my top three favorites I would say Pivot Point, Spellbound, and The Retribution of Mara Dyer really took the awards (and my emotions).

Until the Next Review,
See Ya!!!

Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the way you did this roundup! I need to read better NA. I read like 4 last year and urghhh. I think I hit 100% dodgy ones because it's almost turned me completely off the genre. I would like just a little plot, lol. I want to try Colleen Hover since she's pretty renowned for her awesome NA!
    I also really want to read Pivot Point and To All The Boys! SQUEE. So glad they're terrifically awesome!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete