Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

by 4:10 PM 2 comments
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Recommended for: those love obsessed romantics at heart

"For her I bend, for you I break."

22-year old Sydney had it all. She shared an apartment with her best friend, had the greatest boyfriend, a steady job and a perfect college life. However, when she discovers that her boyfriend-- Hunter-- is cheating on her with her best friend she has to decide what to do next.

Homeless, jobless, and heartbroken, Sydney finds comfort in her mysterious neighbor Ridge. Captivated by his music, they form a bond that has Sydney hoping that maybe someday it could lead to something more.

I have read most of Colleen Hoover's books, except for Ugly Love (which is next on my list) and most of them I'm don't really like but I don't really hate. I'm always on the fence with Colleen Hoover, I've almost started to give up on her and I'm glad that I didn't. This is hands down my favorite Colleen Hoover book. It's so AMAZING!!! I truly enjoyed everything about this book. 

I've recognized, even while reading Slammed, that Colleen Hoover really picks interesting topics to write about but I think this is the first one that I've connected with. I know music, I've taken music theory, music composition, I've played the violin, piano, and I'm a very musical person. I really connected to how music was an integral part of bringing these two characters together. I absolutely loved the lyrics and how there is a cd that goes with this album. Seriously, all books now needs its own soundtrack.

I never had a doubt that Colleen Hoover was an amazing writer. Reading this book made me realize just how lyrical (no pun intended?) her writing is. She brought these characters to life and made them seem real and everyday while making this story interesting and completely compelling.

I loved all of the characters in this book, with the exception of Sydney's horrible ex-boyfriend and used to be best friend, Tori. Bridgette was a tad bit abrasive but she was quite funny in the beginning. I absolutely loved Ridge, like OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the connection that he had with Sydney. They were perfect for each other. 

I loved the story. I loved all of the twist and turns. I felt every emotion the characters had and I don't want to give away any of the plot points so 'm just going to say that you should read this book. If you haven't read a Colleen Hoover book yet or you want to explore into the New Adult genre, I recommend this book. Trust me, it's not like the other New Adult books.

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe that I've still YET to read a Colleen Hoover book? Yeah...I know. I have them sitting on my shelves but I have just yet to pick them up. It seems like the author is great at writing different types of books that can hook different people. Like you said, this one is about music and it really spoke to you. I'm amazed at how many instruments you play Taylor! So jealous, I'm absolutely tone deaf haha. So glad you loved this one! I can't wait to get around to it one day :D

    Joy @ Thoughts By J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this one too, their connection and the soundtrack while reading was an incredible experience wasn't it. Just beautiful! The only issue I had was the infidelity. I know it happens all too often, but I just couldn't fully commit to their relationship or cheer them on knowing that he has a girlfriend, even though their relationship seemed more of a companionship and neediness.

    I hope that Colleen Hoover continues to write YA though, I prefer her YA titles a little more. Losing Hope is absolutely phenomenal and I think will continue to be my favourite of hers for a long time to come.

    Lovely review Taylor <3

    ReplyDelete