Happy Holidays & My True Love Gave to Me: A Mini Review

by 3:50 PM 0 comments
It's Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!


Well, it's Christmas Eve here where I am but, it might be Christmas were you are. In that case


Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!
I hope your day is extra awesome and I hope you guys are getting every book you wanted.
I just finished reading My True Love Gave to Me and I wanted to do a small review of my favorite stories and of course awesome pictures.



It's so christmasy.
My favorite stories were by Stephanie Perkins, Kiersten White, Ally Carter, and Matt De La Pena. While I loved the whole anthology these stories stuck out the most to me.

Angles in the Snow by Matt De Le Pena: rating 4.5/5

 This short story is about a boy named Shy, who has to spend Christmas in NY because he can't afford to go home to San Diego. To +q 14r.  make matters worse the house he's cat sitting at has no food and he's too proud to ask he's cute neighbor for food. This story was such a surprise to me. I wasn't sure about it at first but, I really, really enjoyed. Matt de la Pena is such a good writer and this story made me happy and sad at the same time. Angels in the Snow reminded me a lot of my roommate. She's from San Diego, just like the MC she always gets home sick being so far away. I really related to the character because I'm far from home myself, just like my roommate except form two different places. I moved from TX to NY and I haven't had Thanksgiving with my family since I was 17. I know what it's like to get home sick sometimes. I loved the characters the only thing I wish was that this story was longer.

It's a Yuletide Miracle Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins: rating 5/5

Is anyone surprised? I loved EVERYTHING about this story. It was so cute and very hallmark christmas movie. Both of the characters were just adorable and snarky, I couldn't stop smiling while I was reading. This story was perfect and I want to tell you the characters names but I feel like it would give something about the story away so instead I'm going to say that you should read this, it was one of my favorites.

Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White: 5/5

Maria works at a Christmas themed diner in Christmas, California all year round it's safe to say she hates the holiday. However, a new adorable cook might just change her attitude. This story was amazing. It has a whimsical story with one subject that anyone can agree on: food.

Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter: rating 5/5

If you need to know one thing about me, it's my undying love for Ally Carter. I was so excited for this story and she did not disappoint. This story, in typical Carter fashion, had a bit of suspense and drama. I really enjoyed Evan and Lydia. I loved Evans whole family. It ended on a happy ever after and if that isn't Christmasy, I don't know what Christmas is.

I enjoyed a lot of these stories. I wished some were longer, Jenny Han I'm talking about you, however they feature a diverse cast with stores for every one. If you like fantasy, romance, crazy German traditions, and weird Icelandic ones, you will love this anthology.

Until the next review,
Happy holidays!!!!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment