Easy by Tammara Webber

by 10:30 AM 0 comments

Easy by Tammara Webber
Rating: 8 out of 10
Recommended for: New Adult fans


After Jacqueline follows her high school sweetheart to his college of choice, the last thing she expected was for him to break up with her by sophomore year. Heartbroken and lost, Jacqueline must get use to her newly single life in a school she hates with friends who ditched her after the break-up. Leaving a party alone she is assaulted by her ex's frat brother and saved by Lucas, a mysterious stranger.

As she tries to erase the memory of the assault, and her savior, from her mind she is confronted with conflicting feelings toward Lucas and about her life.When her attacker becomes her stalker Jacqueline decides to fight. With Lucas as her protector she manages to overcome her fears and, eventually, her heartbreak.

Despite all of the good reviews, I was still a bit skeptical about this book because sometimes you never know. I know that it talks about a sensitive topic and I was a tad bit hesitant for that reason however, this book was actually really, really good. I read this book in one sitting. Everything seemed to happen so fast. I thought it would have taken me longer but I got completely sucked into the story.

Jacqueline has lived her life for her high school sweetheart Kennedy.  After all she sacrificed, literally her hopes and dreams GONE, he dumped her because he wanted to sleep with other women. It's safe to say he was my least favorite character. I mean what a crappy move. At this point she became all mopey and I was like ugh! However, she gets over herself and realizes that if he is living without her she can live without him (if that isn't empowering I don't know what is). I liked Jacqueline. At first I thought she was going to be one of those whining characters that spent most of the book lamenting her fortune but she was a take action MC. With all of the crazy and traumatic things thrown her way she faced it head first and that is an admirable quality.

I adored Lucas. He wasn't the stereotypical NA guy. He didn't sleep with dozens of women only to change his ways for one super special girl. Yes, he was mysterious and elusive but still very real and quite ordinary. It's only towards the end of the book that you see the true depth to his character and it explained so much about him. Both of these characters felt real. They didn't have crazy stories that seemed impossible. Anything in this book could have happened to someone and I think that is the scariest part.

This book is truly empowering. In the beginning it tricks you a little because you think you know what's going on (seriously I saw that first plot twist coming from a mile away) but, the end takes you by surprise. The author didn't shy away from the fact that the MC was sexual assaulted and while she managed to get away other wouldn't always be lucky. I liked how her friend stood beside her through this and forced her to go to self defense classes. The book explains a truly powerful message and in my opinion the author did it well.

All in all I liked this book and the two other books I read. While Beautiful Disaster wasn't pleasant, I think that I will give some New Adult books a chance especially if they are similar to Thoughtless and The Edge of Never.

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!!!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment