The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

by 9:13 AM 2 comments


Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Recommended for: fans of mysteries, thrillers, romance, anyone (seriously you'll find something)
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

After a terrifying accident that took the life of her best friend, Mara Dyer's life takes a turn for the worse after she wakes up one day in the hospital with no recollection of how she got there. As she tries to piece together the facts of the accident, and what caused it, Mara must come to terms with the fact that her life maybe be far from normal.

As I've mentioned before, I am rereading this book because the last book in this trilogy just came out at the beginning of this month. There's nothing like rereading a book that makes you realize just how much you liked it the first time. Reading this again just made me realize how much I liked this freakin' book. I mean WOW! This book has such a unique concept. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is so strange and manages to combine mystery, romance, thriller, and suspense into one book. That's what I loved the most about this book. 

Mara was a really enjoyable character. I loved her wit and sarcasm. She appeared to be an everyday ordinary girl and you never really know what's happening with her. Through out the book you don't know if you should trust her. She's completely unpredictable and all of the mysterious circumstances really questions what is truly happening. She tries to keep it together but the trauma of losing her friend and memory starts to make her crack bit by bit everyday. She spends majority of the book trying to keep it together for her family who thinks that she needs intensive therapy, aside form her older brother who is just the greatest. 

This book, in midst of all the crazy, is romantic at heart. The last thing Mara wants to do is add a guy to the list of her problems but I could be cuckoo for coco puffs, sitting in a padded cell doped up on all types of drugs and would still want a guy like Noah Shaw. Noah flippin' SHAW.  She tries to deny her feelings for him but we see right through her, ok, anyone with a pulse would go crazy for him. He's sweet, and really understanding, I think he complements Mara well. They balance each other out and he gives her hope.

Reading this book made me even more excited for the final book and if you haven't read it you definitely should.

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant review <3

    This has been one of my favourite series, considering when I first read this one, I hadn't expected it to be anything more than a paranormal romance. But it was just brilliant. I wish I had time to reread the first two, but so incredibly excited for the finale and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the last book! It was amazing!!! Of course there were some things I wish could have been explained but it was quite fantastic! I hope you enjoy it when you finally get around to reading it.

      Delete