Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

by 11:41 AM 0 comments
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Recommended for: Fans of paranormal romances
Rating: 8.5 out of 10

"I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." - Daemon 

Katy Swartz life has taken a turn for the worst. After moving to the middle of nowhere West Virginia before her senior year of high school, Katy is not looking forward to starting over in a new place. However, things is starting get a little better. She's made a new friend, Dee, her bright and bubbly next door neighbor and her very attractive brother, Daemon. Unfortunately, he's infuriating, irritating, arrogant and has a killer smile that melts Katy's resolve. After a freak accident involving her and a car, Daemon uses his alien powers to save her. Yes.. alien powers. 

Unfortunately, it leaves a mark. A mark that attracts evil Aliens out to kill Daemon and his family and now Katy. She must stick close to Daemon until the mark fades. Hopefully she doesn't kill him first.

I am one of the few people who starts to read a book without reading the excerpt in the back. Because of this, I had no idea what this book was about. All I knew was that this was a popular book and a lot of  my friends have read it.

Katy is an interesting main character. She has a lot of personality. I guess what I mean is she seems really real. I wish there was a eloquent way to say that. She's really relatable and funny, a quality that only a few YA author's can pull off. I loved her banter with Daemon. She's a good friend and she is a strong heroine. She doesn't make stupid mistake after stupid mistake. She's brave, honest, and she knows herself. I like how even thought she had feelings for Daemon she put them aside because, he wasn't treating her right. I hope in the next book she makes him work for it.

Another character I really enjoyed was Dee. Dee is Daemon's sister. She has a bubbly personality, really caring and honestly if you were to build the perfect friend it would be her. She accepts Katy and she forces her brother to be nice. They have such a cute brother sister relationship, you almost forget that they are aliens.

Daemon is the most wishy-washy male character ever. He is really mean, arrogant, and douchy but, he redeems himself constantly. He shows that he is truly a nice guy but due to heartbreaking circumstances, like being chased by evil soul sucking aliens and the Department of Defense, he has to do whatever it takes to protect his sister and his people. He's the strongest out of all of him and they depend on him for so much. He is snarky and sarcastic enough to the point were he becomes charming. The one thing I didn't like was how every time the main character saw him she went on and on about how hot he was. Like we get it he's attractive but, she never excuse's his personality for his body.

The chemistry between Katy and Daemon. WOW!!! it was hot. I take that back it was HOT!!! like H-A-W-T, hot. Jennifer Armentrout really knows how to write sexual tension without it becoming indecent. I like how she didn't force them together. They have to get to know each other and I love it when authors do that because it's true. 

The plot/concept of this book is quite amazing. You rarely read books about aliens, it's refreshing and this is a truly an original story. It unfolds in a way that lets you know it's just going to get better and better as the series progresses and I can't wait to read more. I will definitely continue to read this series.

Until the next review,
See Ya!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment