Isla & The Happily Ever After

by 12:49 PM 0 comments

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Recommended for: fans of Stephanie Perkins and contemporary romances
Rating: 9.5 out of 10

This is the last and final book in a contemporary romance trilogy by Stephanie Perkins. Isla Martin has always had a crush on Josh Wasserstein. Since freshman year when they bonded over a mutual love for comics she has hid her crush except on one day in New York when she finally gathers the courage to talk to him. When they enter their senior year together in Paris they fall head over heels in love however; they are faced with a multitude of problems that attempt to tear them apart. Are they destined for a happily ever after?

This book, for me, reminds me a lot of the first time I read Anna and The French Kiss, the first book in this trilogy. When I first read Anna, I didn't really know if I like it. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it s much as I do know. What does this mean? It means that I really, really, liked this book. I loved ever word I absolutely loved the main characters and honestly, I think I liked it more that Anna and Lola.

What I am trying to say in a really confusing way was that I slowly feel in love with this book. It crept up on me. I was so captured in the story and the characters. They were so real and honest, it was worth the wait. We've know about Isla and Josh since the very first book. We've also known of Isla crush on Josh since the first book. It was great to read this and get to know who they are as people. 

Isla was a fantastic protagonist. She wasn't what she appeared to be and I loved that. She was always known as being quiet and shy but that was never really the case. She was kind of a lost character. Her problem was that she loved to read about adventures but she never went on them. She has never taken a chance or a risk and that was her main flaw. She never truly knew what she wanted out of life and she never really believed in herself. She never believed that she was good or capable of love and honestly who hasn't experienced that once in their life. I found a lot of similarities between me and Isla and maybe that's why I loved this book so much. 

Josh was a great balance for her and she was great for him. You're going to think that I'm crazy but I liked him more than St. Claire. I know, I know, it's blasphemous but, Josh was just great. He was loving and supportive. He believed in her and her abilities which she really needed. He made her step out of her box and learn to take a risk. He was going trough his own problems. The lost of his friends and his loneliness. He feels disconnected from his parents, his friends, and he becomes totally immersed in his graphic memoir. She helped him realize what he truly had in his life. She made him realize that he wasn't alone. 

I love how they fall in love. Unlike the previous books. They know about their feelings and they aren't afraid to show them. They want to be together so they are together. The main problems that they have are with their personal, emotional, problems. Which they overcome by being honest and by facing their own personal problems on their own. My favorite part of the book was Josh's final manuscript for his graphic memoir. They way that he expressed himself and seeing how they influenced each other for the better was beautiful. 

This book brings and perfect conclusion to so many things. and It couldn't have been more perfect. It truly is a happily ever after for the fans of this series. 

See Ya!!!!





















Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment