New Month, New Week, New Day, New Books

by 12:36 PM 0 comments
So, the time has come for more books to obsess over and read. This month is going to be interesting. I have a lot of books that I just recently got, I know I can't be stopped--however my bank account is telling me to stop, and I can't wait to read them!!!!!

First on my list is a book that I read a loooooooong time ago and I am rereading it because I can't really remember reading this trilogy since it was so long ago. However, I do remember loving it enough to buy it.


I read this book when I was in the tenth grade, which feels like it was forever ago, and I remember loving it. I checked out all the books from the library when I first read it so I went to the bookstore and found a copy of it and I decided why not.

This book tells the story of 16 year old Gemma Doyle. A witty, sharp tongued girl who was born and raised in India, until one day when she has a frightening vision of her mothers death which happens to come true. After this event she is sent to a Gothic mansion in Victorian England where she discovers that something is amiss and she bans together with a group of girls to discover the mysteries that the school holds.

The next book on my list is a wildcard. It's just one of those random books that you pick up at the library with no reason or rhyme.


The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith

I've wanted to read this book for a while ever since they turned it into a tv show on the CW. I loved the show. Unfortunately, it was cancelled. Luckily, it's on Netflix.

Cassie Blake if forced to move form her home in California to cloudy New England. There she meets a mysterious group of teens that she feels a strange connection to. after learning her families secret, Cassie gets initiated into the Secret Circle, a coven of witches who has controlled New Salem for hundreds of years. As Cassie falls for Adam, a mysterious, intriguing and totally off limits boy, Cassie must decide to resist temptation or risk dark forces to get what she wants even it it destroys her.


The next book had been on my tbr for a while:


Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
Mackenzie  Dobson's life has changed since she vowed to kill the white werewolf, who murdered her best friend, Amy. Lupine Syndrome has been on the rise since the discovery of the werewolf virus and violence has risen across the states  However, it becomes clear that secrets are lurking in the shadows of Hemlock and Mac is in the middle of the violence
Another book that I am rereading is:


Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Lola Nolan is an aspiring costume designer. The more expressive the outfit the better and she loves creating unique costumes. She has a great friend, a hot boyfriend, and two loving parents who care about her. Everything is perfect in her life until the Bell twins move back in next door and she must confront her feelings for the boy next door.

I loved this book when I read it the first time and the second time. It's one of the books that my book club is reading this month and I am excited to reread it again. 



There are more books but this is all for now.
Until the next post,
See Ya!!!!!









Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment