Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

by 12:11 PM 0 comments

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Recommended for: Fans of contemporary romances
Rating: 9.5 out of 10

This is the second book by Stephanie Perkins in a contemporary romance series. This book tells the story of 17 year old Lola Nolan an aspiring costume designer whose big dreams is to wear a Marie Antoinette dress to her high school Winter Formal. Everything was fine until Cricket Bell moved back in next door and her old feelings for him came back. However, will she end her relationship with her hot rocker boyfriend for him? Can she deny her feelings for or will she get rejected again?

I really liked Lola. She is just as likable and possibly even cooler than Anna. There were times when I just wanted to shout in her face, especially when she was being kind of rude to her friends and Cricket. But I think I will mostly blame that on her relationship with her boyfriend, Max. In the beginning everything was ok with him. I didn't hate him I didn't like him but, as I kept reading you could see the holes in their relationship. He wasn't comfortable with her best friend, he kind of put up with her. In fact I don't know what he really liked about her. In the end her showed his true colors and that sucked.

One thing that kind of bothered me, and this is probably really stupid, was her fathers. Or her uncle in particular. He was really over protective. Like, WOW! Take a chill pill. I really believed that if he truly didn't want Lola to date Max he could have just said it. He's her father and she is underage. Instead of having her call him a million times a day and being completely controlling he could have just said no I don't feel comfortable with you dating him. I would have hated to see what it would have been like if she left for college. He would have died. Aside from that her fathers were cool and very supportive. Also, those pies, YUM!!!! I loooooooove pie.

Cricket Bell. What can I say. My biggest conflict while reading this book was what if I liked Cricket more than St. Claire. Cricket is amazingly perfect. I love everything about him even his hair. I love how she loved his pants, I loved how he built things, I mean what a great guy.

It was great how everything came together in the end and she finally made her dress and stayed true to herself. She is different and instead of blending in and trying to be someone she isn't she found people who liked her just the way she wanted to be.

I've pre-ordered Isla and the Happily Ever After because I am that excited about it. my copy is signed how cool is that! If you want you can read the first 50 pages of it online you can read them through her website.

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!




























Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment