Book Review, Book Review: The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith

by 1:41 PM 0 comments


The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith
Recommended for: Fans of Beautiful Creatures
Rating: 8.5 out of 10

I actually finished reading this book on Thursday but, I had to work yesterday and I spent Friday and Saturday planning a surprise party. Thankfully, the party was successful and she was very surprised. 

This book tells the story of 16 year old Cassie Blake who is forced to move gloomy New England and live with a grandmother she has never met. While there Cassie learns that everything is not as it seems in the small Town of New Salem and that her mother and grandmother aren't telling her the truth about the mysterious happenings of a group of somewhat popular teens, whom she inadvertently becomes friends with. Cassie joins the Secret Circle and must deal with the consequences and sacrifices that comes with this secret club.

This is not the first book I read by LJ Smith. I read Vampire Diaries years ago and it wasn't my favorite book, so I was hoping that this would be better, mainly because I loved the Tv show so much. Of course like most book adaptions the show was completely different from the book however, the book is still amazing if not just a tad bit better. 

I liked Cassie as a character because she is very ordinary, aside form the fact that she is a witch. But her personality isn't crazy. She is just nice and normal. I think that this was a great thing for LJ Smith to do because she is a perfect backboard to showcase the other characters personalities. If Cassie was crazy with power you wouldn't be able to see just how obsessed Faye was with her powers and if was she was a strong leader or too nice you wouldn't be able to see how naive Diana is. 

I really liked most of the characters in the book however, I am hoping that in the second book we will learn more about why they are a certain way. I just couldn't understand why Faye was just so mean. Maybe it's just me but I just don't believe that people are mean for absolutely no reason. 

One thing I did not like was the "romantic" relationship between Cassie and Adam. It made no sense. While reading it, it showed that maybe there was something more to it that insta-love. However, I wish she would explain that in this book and not the second one. Heck, I don't even now if she will i the second book, I'm just assuming. But, I really did love how they were really mature about solving the situation. It showed that there is something more than that lusty feeling with love. 

I really did enjoy this book. I loved it more than Vampire Diaries and I am looking forward to read the second and last book in this series. 

Until the next review,
See Ya!!!!

















Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment