The Vampire Academy Movie & The Next Reads

by 10:02 AM 0 comments
I just recently watched the Vampire Academy movie, for the first time and I'm not going to lie I did not have high expectations for this movie. When I first saw the previews I cringed. I loved that series so much. I can honestly say it was one of my favorite series. If you haven't read it yet you definitely should. I didn't get a chance to see it because, I was in Europe when it came out and my French isn't that good.

So this past weekend I visited my mom. So, we thought it would be great to just rent some movies and pig out. Of course I missed a lot of movie so it was a long weekend. When we first stared watching Vampire Academy, I was nervous. I had a flashback to all of the bad book to movie adaptations I've seen, including City of Bones---ugh never want to talk about that, and hoped that this movie wouldn't go down that path. With that in mind, hopefully, the first two paragraphs were coherent because I really, really, really, really, really, really, really liked this movie. Like it was surprisingly likable. The only things I didn't like was this one seen where Rose broke into the headmistress office and Lissa. She was meaner in the movie than the book. Her personality was different and I guess they had to do that because how else could you tell she was abusing her power but seriously, not cool behavior. Aside from that I loved every character, every seen, and heck I even liked the guy who played Dimitri. I went out and bought it the next day.

Anyway this movie made me want to read the spin-off Bloodlines so bad. I've had it for a while and never been in the mood for it. I just started reading To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and I'm trying to decided what to read next.  I think I will most likely attempt to read Bloodline but, honestly I've not had the best luck with any spin off series EVER!!!

Hopefully, I will figure this out soon. After I finish Jenny Han's book I'll write a review about it!!
See Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obssessed Reader

Hello! My name is Taylor and welcome to my blog!!! I started this blog to chronicle a year of transition in my life. I started it over a year ago when I began my last year of college. Now I’ve graduated and it is time for a new chapter of my life. So far life after college has been quite interesting. Before I was a college student living in New York majoring in History who read way too much while jamming out to awesome music. Now I’m a Seattleite who reads way too much while jamming out to awesome tunes who drinks way too much coffee (seriously the coffee here is AMAZING!!!!!) SO this blog will consist of a lot of music playlist, a bunch of books reviews, and random ramblings about life and other things. Thanks for visiting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment